Self and/or Family Agency referrals are welcome.
The focus of the service is defined by you.
Common service topics you may want to learn about:
– Effective parenting strategies
– Parent-teen cooperation
– New problem solving or coping skills
– Living a healthy lifestyle
– Establish & maintain positive relationships
– Connecting to resources in your community
Support is provided weekly and appointments are scheduled by you and the Family Support Worker.
The Diversion Service may be considered short term, lasting three to six months and if you have achieved your desired outcomes sooner you may withdraw from the service.
The Diversion Program is a mitigating risk preventative program funded by the Ministry of Social Service